Boston, April 28th & 29th, 2017. A conference for public and private school teachers who are looking to learn about new methods of teaching and connecting with students on the autism spectrum. Hear from industry experts Elise Sobel, Ph.D., Adam Goldberg, Stephen Shore, and Rhoda Bernard, Ed.D., with presentations and demonstrations by Boston Public Schools music educators.
Topics covered include::
- Current research in Autism
- Strategies for teaching music to individuals on the Autism Spectrum
- How people with autism learn and perceive music
- Working effectively with students on the autism spectrum and their families
- Using iPads to make and create music with students on the Autism Spectrum
Screening of Autism Awareness film, “Normal People Scare Me Too” Saturday, April 29, 5:30 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
After the film, Luis Tirado, a young person featured in the film, will answer questions and speak with the audience.
Fees apply, registration is required to https://bostonconservatory.berklee.edu/extension-programs/teaching-music-students-autism-spectrum-annual-conference