Virtual and In Person Training, Application deadline – August 29th, 2021. Free. MassFamilies empowers families through training, support, and advocacy for their loved ones with disabilities to live an enviable life.
October 1-2, 2021 – in person
November 19-20, 2021 – in person
January 8 and 29, 2022 remote ,3 hour session
March 12 and 26, 2022 – remote ,3 hour session
April 29-30, 2022 – in person
* The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) and private donations fund this opportunity.
Topics typically include (please confirm with the host):
- Family Support Movement – History of leadership, advocacy, self-advocacy, systems of care, where we are now and where we want to go.
- Creating A Vision – Families are supported to imagine better and create a vision with and for their family members that will inform leadership and advocacy.
- Policy-Making – Legislative Policy Making and the Critical Role of the Family Voice. Accessing and influencing resources, policies and funding streams that work for all.
Expected Outcomes typically include (please confirm with the host):
- Affirming the value of families and their ability to create change
- Providing inspirational speakers who have demonstrated family leadership qualities and initiative
- Thinking creatively and developing a vision for your loved one
- Accessing and influencing resources, policies and funding streams that work for all
- Teaching you the guiding principles of Chapter 171 The Family Support Law
- Understanding State Laws and budgets (how they affect family and disability supports) and how to influence those funding streams
- The importance of self-care
To register for the application or for more information visit https://massfamilies.org/events/southeast-2021-2022-family-leadership-series-begins/ or contact Karen Claudio 508-301-1753, Karen@MassFamilies.Org
MassFamilies Southeastern Regional Coordinator