Marlborough, MA, April 2nd, 2020. For Parents, Special-Education Advocates, Attorneys, Administrators, Out of District Coordinators, Clinical, Therapeutic and all Related Service Providers. Presentations will focus on essential components of programming for students with special needs.
* 2020 Workshops and Topics TBA.
* Includes a special-education school fair that will feature exhibitors that include select Special Education Resource vendors and service providers.
2019 Speakers and Topics
* Keynote Speakers: Robert Crabtree, Esq., Kotin Crabtree & Strong, and Yahaira Lopez, Founder of Autism Sprinter, Inc
* Breakout Sessions – What are the key developmental changes for students, the most relevant evaluations, and appropriate IEP goal areas for each of these three ages and stages over the educational life of a child with disabilities?
– Ages 3-8 – From Playing to Learn to Learning to Read – the Transition from Preschool to Elementary School.
– Ages 9-13 – Changing Bodies, Changing Minds – Helping Tweens and Teens Acquire Skills for Learning and for Living in the World.
– Ages 14-22 – Identifying a Vision and Developing skills for Adult Life.
* Policy Perspectives Across the Stages -Moderated by Rich Robison, Executive Director Emeritus, Federation for Children with Special Needs. An interactive discussion addressing major transition stages from a legislative, developmental and practical perspective. Tying together the morning topics, the panel will continue the conversation on child development and the implications for crafting an IEP with appropriate goals and services.
PLUS – Throughout the Day:
* Free IEP Clinics
* The Forum: Representatives from a wide range of Special Education Schools will present information regarding student profiles, program services, admission requirements and placement options to professionals within the special education field.
Fees apply. Registration Required to http://spanmass.org/conference–school-fair.html or contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org 508.655.7999