Marlborough, MA, April 2nd, 2020. UPDATE: Due to concerns from the Coronavirus, this event is cancelled. Please visit the event link below for more information from the host.
For Parents, Special-Education Advocates, Attorneys, Administrators, Out of District Coordinators, Clinical, Therapeutic and all Related Service Providers. Presentations will focus on essential components of programming for students with special needs.
* The Therapeutic Response to the Intersection of Learning, Mental Health and Behavior and Making Theater Accessible on Both Sides of the Curtain are the themes of the 2020 conference.
* Exhibitor Expo: Representatives from a wide range of Special Education Schools will present information regarding student profiles, program services, admission requirements and placement options to professionals within the special education field.
2020 Speakers and Topics
* Keynote Speakers: The president of the integrated community theater company Open Door Theater is the keynote. Open Door Theater of Acton is a non-profit, family-oriented, accessible community theater company that has been creating learning experiences through theater for adults, children, and people with special needs since it was founded in 1980.
* Open Door President Sam Gould will address Conference attendees along with longtime Open Door Theater actor John Furtado. John is currently a student at Fitchburg State College who self-identifies as being on the autism spectrum. He will share how his experiences performing with Open Door Theater helped him as he pursued his creative dreams and his current education. John will be featured in the role of Jack in the 2020 Open Door Theater production of “Into the Woods”.
* Breakout sessions – 3 concurrent sessions (select one)
1. Social Emotional Disorders with Neuropsychologist
2. CRA and Manifestation Determination Reviews
3. A Primer on Therapeutic Models and Methodologies
Panel Discussion: A Conversation with Special Education Schools That Offer Therapeutic Programming. A moderated discussion with school leaders to learn about different approaches to therapeutic programming, how therapeutic methodologies are implemented in various settings, and best practices for achieving successful student outcomes.
Fees apply. Registration Required to http://spanmass.org/conference–school-fair.html or contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org 508.655.7999