Brighton, Franciscan Children’s, March 30th, 2017. Free. Emily Bright, a Speech-Language Pathologist at Franciscan Children’s, will present a free parent workshop Speak for Yourself, A Parent’s Guide to Augmentative and Alternative Communication. Emily is also Coordinator of the Augmentative Communication/Assistive Technology (ACAT) Clinic at Franciscan Children’s. This will take place at the Kennedy Day School at Franciscan Children’s.
- Overview of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) strategies and technology, from low to high-tech methods
- Information and resources for parents of children with complex communication needs
- Explanation of feature-matching process and steps for obtaining funding for AAC equipment
- Device demos and opportunity for hands-on exploration of a range of AAC systems
- Complimentary refreshments and raffles.
- Device demos and opportunity for hands – on exploration of a range of AAC systems
RSVPs required to Lynne Goyuk, Educational Admissions and Outreach Specialist 617-779-1113 email@example.com or visit http://franciscanhospital.org/education/kennedy-day-school/