Bridgewater, July 25th, 2019. This accessible, family-friendly, sensory-friendly performance of The Wizard of Oz is designed to create a welcoming experience for families with children with autism or with other disabilities that create sensory sensitivities, or who experience PTSD or other trauma-based disabilities.
* Accommodations for this performance include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- A social story for the event – a written story with pictures and personalization options showing information about the social situation of visiting a theater to communicate behavioral expectations and prepare for a new experience and environment.
Fees apply, ticket and performance information can be viewed at The Family Performing Arts Center page http://familyperformingartscenter.com/nationalautism19/?fbclid=IwAR3uv5ocYHycF0DxsDDei-AuDP5BPNdQ8xpuuKYjEQvi9Vcn6fbPjlV23Dg or contact BoxOffice@bridgew.edu 508-531-1321