RJ Grey Junior High in Acton, March 24th, 2018. Exclusively for individuals with sensory sensitivities or autism spectrum disorders and their supervising family members, caregivers or friends.
* The cast includes two Deaf principal actors, the Prince and the stepsister Gabrielle, who have separate voice actors with them on stage.
* Sensory-Friendly adjustments to the production include:
- House lights to remain partially lit during the whole performance
- Assistive communication devices, and headphones are allowed
- Judgment free experience
- Cast and crew members will have received training to ensure that they are aware of audience needs
- A brief pre-show introduction of the actors in costume (but out of character) to reinforce the fact that the production is pretend
- An expectation that audience members are likely to vocalize and move around during the production
- A separate staffed “chill-out” space outside the auditorium to allow people to leave the performance if needed
- Designated “Family Bathroom” to allow those who require assistance to do so in a gender-neutral bathroom
- Limited wheelchair seating available. Contact 978-264-8150 for more information.
- All performances of Cinderella are open captioned.
- Assisted listening devices available for all performances include telecoil enabled neck loops, over the ear headsets and earbuds. Patrons may also bring their own mono headsets.
- Family bathrooms are available during the performances.
*Discounted tickets for this event – $10.00
For ticket purchases or more information visit www.opendoortheater.org/autismfriendly or contact Lisa Lapinski, firstname.lastname@example.org or Sam Gould at 781.760.0543, or email@example.com