Leicester, MA, Becker College, May 30th, 2020. Calmer Con is a Comic Book & Pop Culture convention specifically designed to accommodate the needs of autistic attendees and those with sensory processing challenges. The goal is to lessen the chance of attendees becoming over stimulated while enjoying the event with their families.
* There will be two separate, four hour blocks to allow the venue to maintain a sensory friendly environment while giving twice as many people the chance to attend.
* Calmer Con includes many of the activities found at standard comic book conventions, such as: comic book & toy vendors, all presented in a way that helps control overcrowding and noise levels.
- There will be several typical comic con elements like costumed guests, artists, vendors, and costume contests.
- There will also be block building, face painting, storytelling tutorials, Pokemon GO Tournaments, and a Star Wars Academy.
- Everything has been designed to remain as sensory neutral as possible for those with autism and sensory processing concerns so families can enjoy an authentic comic convention specifically tailored to their needs.
- There is also access to Calmer Space, an area where anyone can go if they become overwhelmed or overstimulated to give guests the chance to relax, recharge, and rejoin the event when ready.
To register or for more information visit https://secure.givelively.org/event/calm-passion-inc/calmer-con-2020 or contact (978) 895-5385 firstname.lastname@example.org