Self-Paced Virtual Training August 17th – October 11th, 2020, with The Federation for Children with Special Needs in Massachusetts. The PCTI program is an intensive training program designed to give parents and professionals a solid foundation in special education laws, procedures, and related subjects.
* The training consists of 40-54 hours of classroom instruction.
Presenters include Federation staff, attorneys, and experts in the field of special education, representatives from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and the Bureau of Special Education Appeals (BSEA), among others.
Registration required to https://fcsn.org/ptic/parent-consultant-training or contact (800) 331-0688 email@example.com
Some of the topics will include:
- Basic Rights in Special Education
- IDEA and MGL c 71B legislative history
- Special Education advocacy and implementation of the law
- Writing Measurable IEP Goals
- Effective Progress and Hot Topics
- Neuropsychological Evaluations
- Academic Evaluations
- Discipline and Suspension
- Introduction to the Transition Planning Process
- Transition Assessments
- Section 504
- Families and Culture, Effective Communication
- Problem Resolution Service (PRS) Complaints
- Mediation and BSEA Appeals