Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, November 9th, 2019. Free. Patient and Family Schizophrenia Education Day: Advances in Integrated Community Care for People with Serious Mental Illness, is an opportunity for people with schizophrenia, their family, friends, treaters, and others to learn about schizophrenia. * Hear an update on new research findings and important clinical topics for people with schizophrenia, their families friends and care givers.
- Oliver Freudenreich, MD, will lead a discussion on Community Psychiatry: Progress and Challenges
- Daphne J. Holt, MD, will talk about Early Detection of Psychosis in your Neighborhood, School and Doctor’s Office: What Will it Take?
- Cori Cather, PhD will discuss The Center of Excellence for Psychosocial and Systemic Research: Who are we, what have we done and where are we going?
- Julia Browne, PhD will discuss Exercise as a Valuable Part of Recovery and Well-Being.
- There will also be a panel of patients and families speaking about their perspective of mental health challenges.
- Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Psychiatry
- The Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Academy
Pre-registration is required to https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07egi538k91064ce57&oseq=&c=&ch= or contact MGH Patient and Family Education Series
Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Academy, 866-644-7792 or firstname.lastname@example.org