Newtown, CT, November 18th, 2017. For families and professionals. PANS/PANDAS stands for Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome (PANS) and Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infection (PANDAS).
Presenters for this event include:
- Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge, a Connecticut Certiﬁed School Psychologist, a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and a Board Certiﬁed Neurofeedback Provider (BCN). She bridges neuroscience with holistic therapies in her wellness clinic. Her area of focus includes: Anxiety and Anxiety-Related Disorders, ADHD, Executive Functioning, Dyslexia and other Reading Disabilities, Learning Disabilities, Lyme Disease, PANS/PANDAS, Concussion/Post-Concussion Syndrome and Parenting Coaching. Dr. Roseann serves on the boards of the Northeast Regional Biofeedback Society and Epidemic Answers, and is a Lyme Connection Task Force Professional Advisor.
- Vicki Kobliner, MS RDN, CD-N, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. She is a contributing author to A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in Americas Children, and Essential Remedies for Women’s Health. She is a member of the Connecticut PANDAS/PANS Legislative Advisory Council. She has lectured nationally and internationally about the role of nutrition in autism and related disorders and has lectured frequently for the Autism Research Institute and the Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs. She works with infants, through adults with chronic illnesses, digestive disorders, food allergies, ADHD and autism and provides fertility and prenatal nutrition counseling.
- Dr. Tom Moorcroft is a board certified practitioner of Family Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment. He serves on the Teaching Faculty of the Osteopathic Cranial Academy (OCA). He also has served on the Board of Directors and continues to serve on several committees of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS). Dr. Tom serves on the CT State PANDAS/PANS Advisory Council. Dr. Tom lectures extensively on Osteopathic philosophy and treatment, Lyme disease and other chronic infections, pediatric tick-borne illnesses, integrative medicine and nutritional approaches to healing.
- Dr. Nancy O’Hara is a board certified Pediatrician and previously taught children with autism. Since 1999 she has dedicated her practice to the integrative and holistic care of children with neurodevelopment disorders, ADHD, PANDAS/PANS, OCD, Lyme and Autistic Spectrum Disorder at the Center for Integrative Health, where she is a partner. She is also a leader in the training of clinicians, both in the United States and abroad.
- Dr. Maya Shetreat-Klein is a neurologist, herbalist, urban farmer, and author of The Dirt Cure: Healthy Food, Healthy Gut, Happy Child . Board certified in adult and child neurology as well as pediatrics, Dr. Maya completed the University of Arizona’s Fellowship in Integrative Medicine, and now serves on their faculty.
- Lauren Lee Stone, PhD, MS, HHP, BCIH, came to BioEnergetic Medicine in the search to heal her own children, and chose to make it her career after experiencing its success first hand. She is a Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner, a Board Certified Integrative Health Practitioner, a board member of Epidemic Answers and a distinguished member of the American Association of Integrative Medicine.
For more information visit www.nepans.org/nepans-integrative-medicine-conference.html or contact