Boston, June 1st, 2019. Keith Lockhart will conduct The Boston Pops for this sensory-friendly concert. Sensory friendly concerts are designed for all families with children or adults diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or sensory sensitivities.
* Music will include “The Composer is Dead” by Nathaniel Stookey with text by Lemony Snicket, a whodunnit where someone has killed the composer and the entire orchestra are suspects.
* Post-Concert Instrument Playground: After the concert, the lobby will offer an opportunity to try out all of the instruments in the string family.
* Sensory-Friendly modifications to Symphony Hall will include:
- lower volume and lighting levels, relaxed house rules
- minimal crowds to allow for movement
- available noise-reduction headphones
- limited crowds and visitors at Symphony Hall during the day and timing of the performance
- providing a warning for the audience prior to potentially startling effects
- designated quiet room and support spaces
- modified food concessions
- staff and credentialed autism therapist volunteers trained to be inviting to families’ needs.
Ticket fees apply. Find more information visit www.bso.org/Performance/Detail/100917 0r contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 638-9375.