Brookline, MA, November 10th, 2019. The New England Inclusion Summit 2019 is a one-day conference addressing social isolation and presenting models of inclusive social and recreational activities, for people of all abilities and all ages. New England Yachad, in Partnership with The Ruderman Family Foundation, will present community leaders, organizations, parents, individuals with disabilities, clergy, and professionals.
* The speakers and panelists are experienced in the field of inclusion and advocates of change.
Keynote speaker: Dr. Ross Greene with Inclusion Through Collaboration. Dr. Greene will describe the underpinnings of his evidence-based Collaborative & Proactive Solutions model.
Community Panel Discussion: Facing Isolation in Our Communities; Where are we today and what can we do to take it to the next level? Moderated by Liz Offen. Featuring:
- Josh Kraft – CEO of The Boys & Girls Club
- Jo Ann Simons – President and CEO of Northeast Arc
- Mary Beth McMahon – President of Special Olympics, United Sports
- Justice Richard Bernstein – Michigan Supreme Court
- A Special Presentation by Mindy Scheier – CEO, Runway of Dreams;
Break-Out sessions include: workshops, TED Style Talks, and panel discussions ranging on topics from Creating Change: Personal Narratives to Bullying in the Disability Community.
The Innovation Center featuring Microsoft Adaptive Technologies and Inclusive Activities will be open during the conference for hands on demos of what’s new in the world of physical and digital accessibility, including adaptive gaming, Zumba, Krav Maga, and adaptive voting.
The Marketplace; Showcasing inclusion resources, gifts and books for sale, and partner information tables throughout the day.
Performance by The Me2/Orchestra – the world’s only classical music organization created for individuals with mental illnesses and the people who support them.
* TICKETS: The host is offering discounted conference tickets for those registering multiple people to attend. Registration for the full day New England Inclusion Summit, a catered kosher lunch, and all conference highlights is $65 per person, $50 for groups of two, and $40 for three or more attendees registering together.
To register visit www.yachad.org/newengland/inclusionsummit2019 or contact WeissB@ou.org