Location TBA, October 2nd, 2020. Free and open to the public. The Massachusetts’ Office on Disability’s annual Summit is an opportunity to hear opinion leaders and agenda setters from the disability community.
* The MOD 2020 Summit will recognize the ADA 30th anniversary.
* 2020 Topics TBA – Please check the MOD’s website and Twitter for updates on registration information.
Speakers usually include state officials, agency heads, senior staff of disability organizations, representatives from major employers in the Commonwealth, elected officials, and members of the disability community and their families.
* Designed to bring together and inspire leaders, advocates and persons with disabilities by focusing on issues that impact the disability community.
* Registration is General Admission. Seating is limited and first-come first-serve.
To register or request accommodations contact www.mass.gov/event/2019-disability-summit-2019-09-27t083000-0400-2019-09-27t123000-0400 or firstname.lastname@example.org or MOD’s main number at 617-727-7440, extension 27318.
Previous Summit Topics will include:
- Data on Disability and Challenges to Implementing the ADA for Municipalities in Massachusetts
- ADA Enforcement as it Applies to Cities and Towns
- State Initiatives Impacting Local Communities
- Resources for Barrier Removal for Local Communities
- ADA Grant Success Stories
- Creative Uses of 22G Funds by Local Commission on Disabilities
- Tom Hopkins Disability Access Award
- Networking and Resource Tables