Worcester, November 7th, 2019. Designed to provide educators, parents, administrators, paraprofessionals, and support professionals, practical workshops that will support to meet the educational needs of students. The Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress recognizes that supporting students with complex learning profiles requires training and professional support for teachers and administrators. The 2019 conference will be designed to provide general and special educators, administrators, paraprofessionals, support professionals, and parents with practical workshops that will support them as they work each day to meet the educational needs of students
2019 Workshops TBA
Fees Apply. Registration required to www.facebook.com/events/1526503367481002/ or call 781-221-0024.
2018 Workshops included:
• Learn it Today – Implement it Tomorrow! Cutting Edge Strategies to Develop Independent Executive Function Skills
• Inclusive Educational Technologies or I Didn’t Know I Could Do That!
• College-Based Transition Services for Students
• Building on the Basics: Providing High Quality and Meaningful Math Instruction to Students with Intellectual Disabilities
• What we know about literacy instruction for children with intellectual disabilities: Teaching phonemic awareness and phonics skills.
• Not Your Ordinary Interventions: Addressing Problem Behaviors through Play, Fun and Laughter
• Using Technology for Creative Expression for Students with Complex Needs
• Specially Designed Instruction: Strategies for Content, Methodology and Performance Criteria Modifications
• Try this tomorrow! Interviews with real teachers, service providers, administrators, parents and students who are making inclusion work.
• What we know about literacy instruction for children with intellectual disabilities: Building vocabulary and comprehension skills.