Worcester, November 13th, 2018. Fostering Inclusive School Communities: Strategies for Today and Tomorrow is designed to provide educators, parents, administrators, paraprofessionals, and support professionals, practical workshops that will support to meet the educational needs of students.
* Keynote: Sarah Ward, Speech and Language Pathologist, Professor Communication Sciences and Disorders, MGHospital Institute of Health Professions with Future Thinkers: A New View of Executive Function Skills
• Learn it Today – Implement it Tomorrow! Cutting Edge Strategies to Develop Independent Executive Function Skills
• Inclusive Educational Technologies or I Didn’t Know I Could Do That!
• College-Based Transition Services for Students
• Building on the Basics: Providing High Quality and Meaningful Math Instruction to Students with Intellectual Disabilities
• What we know about literacy instruction for children with intellectual disabilities: Teaching phonemic awareness and phonics skills.
• Not Your Ordinary Interventions: Addressing Problem Behaviors through Play, Fun and Laughter
• Using Technology for Creative Expression for Students with Complex Needs
• Specially Designed Instruction: Strategies for Content, Methodology and Performance Criteria Modifications
• Try this tomorrow! Interviews with real teachers, service providers, administrators, parents and students who are making inclusion work.
• What we know about literacy instruction for children with intellectual disabilities: Building vocabulary and comprehension skills.
Fees Apply. Registration required to www.classy.org/event/14th-annual-mdsc-educators-forum/e192231 or call 781-221-0024.