Webinar, September 16th, 2020, with a Foxborough based support organization. For students ages 12 – 17. Learn about the different types of Assistance Animals and some basic rights Service Dogs and their handler’s and businesses have in the United States.
* About the presenter – Bella Scott, disabled since 8 years old, serves a guest speaker for the Massachusetts Commission for Blind Soft Skills Training. Bella is a Guide Dog handler and is the President of the Curry College Canine Club (Service Dog Awareness/Education Club). Bella will share info about:
- What questions someone can legally ask someone with a Service Dog.
- What qualifies a dog to become a Service Dog, and what qualifies a person to have a Service Dog.
- Students will learn proper Service Dog etiquette and why it is important.
- What training may be like for a Service Dog.
- How stigma can be erased around disabilities, and
- How someone can be an advocate for the community.
- Bella’s Guide Dog (type of Service Dog) and why she needs her by her side.
- Common misconceptions about disabilities and Service Dogs.
To register or for more information visit www.skillsempowered.com/teen-workshop or contact 774-430-3431 or email@example.com