Framingham, November 2nd, 2017. The Joining Voices “Care Coordination and Healthcare in the New Era” conference is for families with children & youth with special health care needs and their professional partners to learn specific skills to advocate effectively for their children, make informed decisions about healthcare services & supports, and ultimately be better partners in decision-making.
Keynote Address: “Managing Transitions in the Lifecycle: From Hospital to Home, Early Intervention to School, and from School to Adult Life” Dr. Matt Sadoff, Complex Care Pediatrician, 4C Care
Workshop Topics Include:
* Autism: How to obtain services and supports through insurance – Presenter: Terri Farrel, Project Director of the Autism Insurance Resource Center of Massachusetts
* Why are People Blaming Me? Co-Presenters: Meri Viano, Associate Director, Parent Professional Advocacy League (PPAL); a Young Adult from YOUTH Move.
* Ready For Everything: Emergency Preparedness – Presenters: Patrick Gleason, Trainer, Emergency Preparedness Initiative at the E. K. Shriver Center; Nate Trull, Advisor, Powerhouse Self-Advocacy Group and Consultant at the E.K. Shriver Center
* Caring for the Caregiver: How to Combat Compassion Fatigue – Presenter: Nancy Borreani, former Director of Family Support and Training/Statewide Coach at Family Partners
* Accessing Benefits for Children and Youth with Special Health Needs (CYSHCN) – Presenter: Gail Havelick, SSI/Public Benefits Training & Policy Specialist, Division for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs, Bureau of Family Health & Nutrition, MA Dept. of Public Health.
* How Small Actions Turned Into a Movement: the Massachusetts Pediatric Home Nursing Care Campaign
Presenter: Angela Ortiz, Mother and Founder Fees apply, scholarships available. For more information visit http://fcsn.org/mfv/joining-voices17 or contact (800) 331-0688 email@example.com