Framingham, November 13th, 2018. Elaine Gabovitch, Director, Division of Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, will be the Key Note speaker.
The Joining Voices conference is for families with children & youth with special health care needs and their professional partners to learn specific skills to advocate effectively for their children, make informed decisions about healthcare services & supports, and ultimately be better partners in decision-making.
* 2018 Workshop Topics TBA in September 2018.
017 Workshop Topics Included:
* Autism: How to obtain services and supports through insurance – Presenter: Terri Farrel, Project Director of the Autism Insurance Resource Center of Massachusetts
* Why are People Blaming Me? Co-Presenters: Meri Viano, Associate Director, Parent Professional Advocacy League (PPAL); a Young Adult from YOUTH Move.
* Ready For Everything: Emergency Preparedness – Presenters: Patrick Gleason, Trainer, Emergency Preparedness Initiative at the E. K. Shriver Center; Nate Trull, Advisor, Powerhouse Self-Advocacy Group and Consultant at the E.K. Shriver Center
* Caring for the Caregiver: How to Combat Compassion Fatigue – Presenter: Nancy Borreani, former Director of Family Support and Training/Statewide Coach at Family Partners
* Accessing Benefits for Children and Youth with Special Health Needs (CYSHCN) – Presenter: Gail Havelick, SSI/Public Benefits Training & Policy Specialist, Division for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs, Bureau of Family Health & Nutrition, MA Dept. of Public Health.
* How Small Actions Turned Into a Movement: the Massachusetts Pediatric Home Nursing Care Campaign
Presenter: Angela Ortiz, Mother and Founder
* Fees apply, scholarships available. For more information visit https://fcsn.org/mfv/joining-voices or contact (800) 331-0688 email@example.com