Quincy, MA, Fall & Winter 2019. This Inclusion Modified Program is for people ages 13+ with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (IDD), and includes a DSM-5 diagnosis.
* Hope Fish 2 – This is a Level 2 Swim Academy Inclusion Modified program where swimmers will build on the skills learned in Level 1 with a focus on basic front and back swimming skills.
* Pool rules and water safety education will continue.
* No more than 3 participants per instructor.
* Hope Fish 3 – This is a Level 3 Swim Academy Inclusion Modified program where swimmers will build proficiency with front and back swimming skills and techniques.
* Swimmers will continue to work on flutter kick, stroke development, and breath control.
* Swimmers will be taught to jump in the water, push off the bottom and return safely to the wall to exit the pool.
* Pool rules and water safety education will continue. No more than 4 participants per instructor.
* Inclusion Modified Programs are smaller group sizes with low program participant-to-instructor ratios to help ensure that the program participant gets enough one-to-one attention from the instructor to learn skills and then generalize those skills to successfully access SSYMCA facilities and programs independently.
* Hosted by the South Shore YMCA Inclusion Modified Programs.
Fees apply, registration is required to the South Shore YMCA https://ssymca.org/program/inclusion/inclusion-modified-programs/ or contact Betsy Callanan, Inclusion Director SSYMCA, (781)829-8585 EXT 8365, or bcallanan@SSYMCA.org