Quincy, MA, Fall & Winter 2019. This Inclusion Modified Program is for people ages 13+ with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (IDD), and includes a DSM-5 diagnosis.
* This is a Level 1 Swim Academy Inclusion Modified program with a focus on the swimmer becoming comfortable in the water.
* This will include safely entering and exiting the pool, wall grab, blowing bubbles, and bobs.
* Pool rules and water safety education will also be introduced.
* No more than 2 participants per instructor.
* Inclusion Modified Programs are smaller group sizes with low program participant-to-instructor ratios to help ensure that the program participant gets enough one-to-one attention from the instructor to learn skills and then generalize those skills to successfully access SSYMCA facilities and programs independently.
* Hosted by the South Shore YMCA Inclusion Modified Programs.
Fees apply, registration is required to the South Shore YMCA https://ssymca.org/program/inclusion/inclusion-modified-programs/ or contact Betsy Callanan, Inclusion Director SSYMCA, (781)829-8585 EXT 8365, or bcallanan@SSYMCA.org