Danvers, MA, November 13th, 2019. Workshop presenters May Chou, an Occupational Therapist, and Brianna Quigley, an Occupational Therapy Clinical Coordinator, will provide an understanding of the skills needed for success with handwriting.
* Discuss postural supports and preparatory tasks, developmental progression, and multi-sensory techniques.
* Attendees will leave understanding the benefits of handwriting in relation to typing, printing versus cursive, as well as ways to support learners at home and school.
Topics covered will include:
- How to prepare and support the body for handwriting
- Multi-sensory techniques to integrate correct writing patterns and improve speed and legibility
- Learning the developmental progression for teaching capital, lower case, and cursive letters
- When and why cursive may be a preferred writing technique
- Benefits of handwriting vs. typing
RSVP to Commonwealth Learning Center www.commlearn.com/whatsnew/join-us-for-our-november-workshops-2/ or contact Stacy Scofield, Commonwealth Learning Center, email@example.com