HMEA’s Autism Resource Central in Worcester, February 28th, 2019. Free. Open to all families with a child diagnosed with a developmental delay. Learn about special education law, accessing public supports and more.
* When a family includes a child with special-needs, parenting becomes even more of a challenge. There are no manuals and finding the help that is available becomes a full time job.
* The information is not autism specific and any parent of a child with a developmental disability may register and will benefit.
Learn how to:
- navigate the system and receive assistance with applications
- connect with others facing similar challenges
- give your other children the chance to explore their feelings about the difference in their family while having fun by participating in a Sibshop. (Please ask if this feature will be available for this conference date)
- SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW – Learn how to work effectively with your child’s school to support your child to achieve goals and to learn.
- SENSORY PROCESSING – Many children with disabilities also experience sensory challenges.Learn how to make your child more comfortable in his world.
- ACCESSING PUBLIC SUPPORTS – Learn about public supports that will help you raise your child with a disability. Get assistance with applying to DDS, Mass Health & more.
- SIBLING SUPPORT (TBA)
To register or for more information visit www.autismresourcecentral.org/what-we-offer/workshops-clinics-and-conferences/ or contact 508-298-1609