Northshore Education Consortium, Beverly, MA, August 12 & 13, 2019. This training is for anyone who works with or has contact with adolescents and wants to increase their knowledge of mental health among this age group. (Not intended for those who are already trained in counseling or mental health)
* Youth Mental Health First Aid USA introduces participants to
- the unique risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems in adolescents
- builds understanding of the importance of early intervention, and
- teaches individuals how to help an adolescent in crisis or experiencing a mental health challenge
Mental Health First Aid uses role –playing and simulations to demonstrate
- how to assess a mental health crisis
- select interventions and provide initial help
- connect young people to professional, peer, social and self-help care
* Instructors: Windi Bowditch, LMHC & Robyn Steinberger, SAC.
* Training is an 8 hour course and will begin promptly at 8 am each day.
* If you register, please plan on attending both consecutive days for purposes of continuity, context, and the progressive nature of the information/material being presented.
Fees apply, registration is required to https://www.nsedu.org/professionals/ or contact Windi Bowditch, LMHC, 978.338.1450 x 2221 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org