Webinar as Part of a Virtual Conference, April 6th, 2021, 2 p.m., with the The Assistive Technology Conference of New England. For 2020 and 2021, the Conference will feature different AT/AAC-Focused sessions from November 2020 through May 2021. They have designed a program that covers a range of AT/AAC topic areas in a half day format to allow for a deep dive without a full day commitment.
* April 6th, 20201 – Fifty Ways to Extend Literacy Encounters with Everyday Technologies. Using Universal Design Learning as a guide, hear 50+ strategies to ACCESS information and develop multi-modal materials to introduce or expand upon information that is taught in the classroom.
* Options for increasing flexibility in presenting information allowing for personal expression and engaging all individuals will also be discussed.
* This event will recognize that the places where children are taught and the tools they have access to have greatly changed in the past year.
* It will also also recognize that we must retrofit and “use what we’ve got” in many situations. Positive reading and learning experiences can still result when commonly found materials are combined with technology and imagination.
* There will also be an exploration of the features of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Chrome and free software to produce scaffolds for a wide variety of learners and educators.
Presented by: Judith Schoonover, MEd, OTR/L, ATP, FAOTA & Sally Norton-Darr, MS, CCC-SLP.
- Objective 1: Describe five or more “everyday technologies” that can be implemented to produce or scaffold information for diverse learners.
- Objective 2: Identify five or more electronic resources that can be accessed immediately to begin or continue to enhance literacy and learning experiences for all.
- Objective 3: Define the two terms “scaffold” and “cognitive rescaling” and how they relate to supporting diverse learners.
Fees apply – Registration and more information can be found on the Conference Registration page (scroll down to the date of event) www.assistivetechnologyconference.com/ or contact (800) 916- 8324 email@example.com