Rockport, MA. Free. December 13, 2019 – March 28, 2020. *Application deadline: October 31st, 2019. The Family Leadership Series focuses on supporting families to advocate for their family member with disabilities to live in their communities as naturally and typically as desired.
* Applications from adult family members of people with disabilities who are Department of Developmental Services eligible are encouraged.
* The Family Leadership Series goals are:
- to offer information about “best practices” for people with disabilities.
- to assist families in creating a vision for their loved one and a process to achieve the vision through leadership and advocacy.
- to develop family leaders who will advocate at the local and state level to improve the lives of people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD).
Friday & Saturday, December 13-14, 2019
Friday & Saturday, January 31 – February 1, 2020
Friday & Saturday, March 27-28, 2020
* Scholarships for respite or childcare costs are available.
* Food and overnight lodging for participants is paid for by the Department of Developmental Services.
* To obtain the application or for more information visit https://mfofc.org/training/family-leadership-series/northeast-region/ or contact O. Sophia Johansson, Northeast Family Leadership Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org 617.935.2264