Newton, MA, April 12th& 13th, 2019. For Medical, mental health, healthcare professionals, and students who focus on the treatment and care of patients with eating disorders and subclinical eating disorders. Hear the latest treatment modality updates for eating disorder diagnostic criteria per the revised edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) and how this impacts people across all populations.
* Hear about various evidence based treatment modalities, while working within a multidisciplinary team approach, and educating providers about how to advocate for patient care across all populations.
- Examine clinical applications for treatment of all eating disorders within a multidisciplinary team framework
- Identify clinical challenges within minority populations in treatment of all eating disorders
- Define problems associated with access to care for eating disorder treatment and illustrate concrete steps for patient advocacy
- Keynote Address delivered by Kamryn T. Eddy PhD -Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder: Children, Adolescents, and Adults.
- 23 and You: Exploring the Hype and Hope of Genetic Testing in the Treatment of Eating Disorders.
- Eating Disorders within the Jewish Community: The Intersection of Cultural and Values.
- Harnessing the Power of Exposure-Based Therapy: A New (and Old) Frontier in the Treatment of Eating Disorders
- Therapeutic Movement Support™ – An Experiential Therapy for Helping Eating Disorder Clients Build a Positive Relationship with Exercise.
- The Wonder Years: Advocating for Protective Care for Adolescent Girls.
- Addictions & Eating Disorders – A New Perspective.
- Holding up the Mirror: Are we practicing what we preach?
- The Root of Disconnection: The Role of Emotion Exposures in Family and Support Work
- Seeing is Believing: EMDR Principles and Techniques Applied to Treatment of Body Image and Eating Disorders.
- Transforming Words Into Actions: Implementing LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Gender Affirming Programming into and Eating Disorder Treatment Setting
- When Your Client Wants Care, Not Help: A Complex Conversation.
- Living in the Shadows of an Eating Disorder – Incorporating Siblings into the Treatment
- We the People: The Practice & Ethics of Eating Disorders Advocacy.
- Hunger to Satiety and all the steps in between: Intuitive Eating Across Levels of Care.
- What’s Love Got to do With It? The Interplay of Sex, Substances, and Eating Disorders in Sexual Minority Men.
- Being Human: The Impact of Genetics on Eating Disorders Treatment
- Out of the Box: OSFED and UFED, Not Your Stereotypical Eating Disorders Description of Workshop
- Black Girls Get Eating Disorders Too: Stats, Stigmas, and Clinical Implications.
- Eating Disorders and Vulnerability: The Deep Impact of Trauma
- How Our Language Influences the Care We Give
- Anorexia Nervosa in Larger Bodies
- Behind the Scenes of Treatment: Utilization Review
- What to Expect When Your Client with an Eating Disorder is Expecting
- Nourishment in Recovery: 10 Non-Linear Steps to Healing Relationships with Food, Body, and Self
- Eating Away at Gender
- Endnote Address by Aaron Flores RDN – Judge Me By Size Do You? Lessons Learned from a Fat Dietitian
Fees apply, registration is required to https://medaconference2019.simpletix.com/SimpleTixExpress/Events/EventSectionDetail.aspx?ShowId=40057&EventTimeId=96460#ShowDetails or contact