Burlington, MA, March 13th & 14th, 2020. Temple Grandin, author of Different, Not Less, Thinking in Pictures, Autism & Girls, and a renowned adult with autism, will be the Keynote Speaker. This conference presents current, scientifically sound information in the field of autism research and treatment.
* The goal is to provide this information to people with autism, parents and professionals who care for people of all ages living with ASD.
* Current Trends in Autism Conference encourages and facilitates parent-to-professional relationships through workshops, speaker presentations, showcases vendors, and group interactions that encourage interactive autism learning.
RSVPs Required to the CTIA Conference Page or contact email@example.com. Other speakers for the 2020 conference include:
- Howard Shane, PhD, Director, Autism Language Program; Director, Center for Communication Enhancement, Associate Professor of Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School. Professor, Department of Communications sciences and Disorders, MGH Institute of Health Professions
- Catherine Boyle, President, Autism Housing Pathways
- Timothy Buie, MD, Attending Physician, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition; Boston Children’s Hospital Boston, MA; Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
- Bill Cannata, Captain, Westwood, MA Fire Department and Statewide ALEC (Autism and Law Enforcement Education Coalition) Coordinator
- Rafael Castro, PhD, Neuropsychologist, Executive Director, Integrated Center for Child Development (ICCD) Partners
- Jeffrey Shapiro, Executive Director HD, PhD, Exceptional Minds, Los Angeles, CA,
- Patricia Davis, MD, DPH, Developmental Pediatrician, Integrated Center for Child Development (ICCD) Partners
- Peter F. Gerhardt, EdD, Executive Director, Educational Partnership for Instructing Children (EPIC) School; Founding Chair, Scientific Council for the Organization for Autism Research (OAR)
- Andy Zimmerman, MD Clinical Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology, Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Spaulding Pediatric Center, Spaulding Sandwich, Research: “Sulforaphane Treatment of Children with Autism”
- Charles Henry, MD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Jennifer Leighton, MA, CCC-SLP, Supervisor, Speech-Language Pathology Department, Kevin O’Grady School, North Shore Education Consortium
- Judy Van de Water, PhD UC Davis Center for Children’s Environmental Health, Professor of Medicine, Associate Director, Biological Services, UC Davis Mind Institute, Division of Rheumatology /Allergy and Clinical Immunology, UC Davis School of Medicine
- Amy Weinstock, MA Director, Autism Insurance Resource Center, Instructor, Department of Psychiatry, UMass Medical School, EK Shriver Center, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA, Commissioner on the State’s Autism Commission, Chair of the Insurance Committee for Advocates for Autism of Massachusetts (AFAM)
- Jane Silva, MD and Treatment Team, Neurologist, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, Hogan Center Treatment Team, Evaluation and Stabilization Unit (ESU) Danvers, MA
- Marvin Natowicz, MD, PhD, Metabolic Geneticist and Clinical Pathologist; Departments of Clinical Pathology, Neurology; Genomic Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic
- Cindy O’Connor, Housing/Residential Specialist, Parent, Coordinates Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Self Directed Program. Member of the DDS Merrimack Valley Citizen’s Advisory Board (9 years), Active on their Family Citizen Monitoring committee reviewing day and residential programs in the Merrimack Valley, Member of the Consumer Advisory Council (3 years) for the Institute for Community Inclusion in Boston.
- Linda Jones, M.S., R.D., Founder, Director of “Families United in Newtown” (FUN) Bringing Recreational Programs to families with special needs and Community Autism Awareness; Sandy Hook, CT., Newtown, CT.
- Lisa Drennan, Founder, Merge, Diverse Abilities Inclusion Consulting; Pembroke, MA,
- Lori Goodrich, Assistant Clinical Director, Koomar Center, Occupational Therapist Koomar Center
- Sheldon H. Wagner, PhD, Behavioral Developmental Psychologist and Director of Behavioral Development and Educational Services, Inc. Diagnostician & behavioral interventionist. Trained under Piaget. Co-author new ASD screening tool.
- Teresa May Benson, ScD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Executive Director, Spiral Foundation; Occupational Therapist, OTA Koomar Center