Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building, Boston, July 11th, 2020. Free admission. In honor of Minority Mental Health Awareness Month, the NAMI Dorchester/Mattapan/Roxbury Affiliates host this community awareness event intended to provide opportunities to have dialogue about the importance of mental health and self-care.
* This annual community awareness event & fundraiser will:
- inform the community about resources available
- Educate about some aspects of dealing with mental health and
- Create opportunities to dialogue about mental health concerns and needs.
- Offer jazz music, a silent auction and giveaways.
For more information contact visit www.eventbrite.com/e/4th-annual-all-that-jazz-a-fundraiser-celebration-of-national-minority-mental-health-awareness-month-tickets-90456037443 or contact the Dorchester Mattapan Roxbury Support and Advocacy Network, NAMI Boston firstname.lastname@example.org or via text at 617-297-7104 or 857-342-2796.
In 2008, the U.S. House of Representatives designated July as Bebe Moore Campbell National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month in honor of the leading African American novelist and journalist, who also was a voice for individuals and families affected by mental Illness. NAMI Dorchester, Mattapan, Roxbury Affiliate wants to share information and hope within the community during this special time.