Waltham, MA, April 14th, 2020. UPDATE: Due to concerns from the Coronavirus, this event is postponed and will be rescheduled to a later date. Please visit the event link below for more information from the host.
The Waltham Special Education Parent Advisory Council presents a speaker from the Federation for Children with Special Needs who will detail the process to request support services and understand the laws/guidelines surrounding special education.
* The Basic Rights workshop provides families with an introduction to their
rights and responsibilities under: Individuals with Disabilities Education
Act (IDEA) & Massachusetts Special Education Law.
** This meeting is highly recommended for parents just starting the special education process or parents that have a child on an IEP but have never attended a Basic Rights workshop before.
* This workshop will provides an understanding of the Individual Educational Plan (IEP):
- why it is important
- how it is developed
- what information belongs in each section
- what types of services are included
- measurable goals
- what to do when you receive a proposed IEP
- procedural due process rights for resolving disputes
For more information visit www.walthampublicschools.org/parents/pupil-and-personnell-services/special-education/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Federation for Children with Special Needs workshop schedule page for all events may seen seen here https://fcsn.org/ptic/workshops/schedule or contact (800) 331-0688 email@example.com