Boston, Great Hall of the State House, April 12th, 2018, 9:30 a.m. The annual “Autism Spectrum Awareness and Acceptance Day” at the Boston State House invites the community to hear speakers, legislators, self advocates and more. In addition, attendees are encouraged to visit their legislators to advocate for support of legislation and funding for autism-related services.
- Welcome: Michael Borr, Chairman, AFAM
- Emcees: Heather Hegedus (Fox 25 weekend anchor) and Gyasi Burks-Abbott (self-advocate)
- Autism Awareness Month Proclamation – read by Carolyn Kain, Executive Director, Autism Commission
- Police Training for Autism: Bedford Chief of Police, Robert Bongiorno
- Distinguished Legislator of the Year: Senator Michael Moore
- Can I attend college? Conor Farrell (self-advocate)
- Autism Champion Award: Senator Barbara L’Italien
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Lisa Borges (former Executive Director, Flutie Foundation)
- Budgetary and Legislative updates: Maura Sullivan, Director, Government Affairs, The Arc of Massachusetts
- Acknowledgements: Michael Borr
- 11:30 Visit with Legislators
For further information, visit www.facebook.com/events/236368873564218/ or contact (781)-891-6270.