Warwick, RI, November 14th & 15th, 2019. State-of-the-art workshops, information and exhibits on the technologies that enhance and change the lives of persons with disabilities of all ages. The conference focuses on uses of technology in education, communication, employment, recreation, home, and independent living.
* The 2019 Keynote Speaker will be Liz Persaud, with Teamwork, Technology and Tenacity: Reflections on a Journey of a Lifetime. Liz Persaud is a national advocate addressing the need to build bridges and solidify the gaps between individuals living with and without disabilities. Liz currently serves as the Program and Outreach Manager for Tools for Life, Georgia’s Assistive Technology Act Program, and the Pass It On Center, The National Assistive Technology Device Reutilization Coordination and Technical Assistance Center at the Center for Inclusive Design and Innovation within the College of Design at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Additionally, Liz provides online and in person training and public awareness for TechSAge 2, the Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center focused on successful aging with a disability.
* Plus there will be a Bringing Access to Life Expo that offers an opportunity to see products, services, opportunities and resources available to people with disabilities in RI and the northeast.
Fees apply – Registration and more information can be found on www.assistivetechnologyconference.com/ or contact (800) 916- 8324 email@example.com
- Everyone Can Read & Write: Literacy for Learners with Complex Communication Needs
- Getting Off to a Great Start with Emergent Writing Strategies & Tools
- Engaging Executive Function Skill Strategies and Tools
- How to Think AT: Finding Solutions by Repurposing Everyday Technologies
- Promote Inclusion and UDL with Google Chrome Tools
- Postcards from the Cutting Edge: A Road Trip of AT for LD Students
- Please Teach Me to Communicate: Expressive Communication Skills & Strategies for Students with ASD
- PLUS MANY OTHER TOPICS