Marlborough, MA, November 16th, 2019. The Daniel W. Rosenn AANE Connections Conference is for adults on the Autism Spectrum, parents, and professionals. It will include:
· 14 breakout sessions / 2 workshops options.
· Continuing education credits for professionals
· Information tables highlighting local community resources and programs
· Opportunities to connect and network
* Key Note Speaker Becca Lory Hector was diagnosed on the autism spectrum as an adult and has since become an autism advocate, consultant, speaker, and author. She writes a monthly blog, Live Positively Autistic, and co-hosts a bi-weekly podcast Spectrumly Speaking. Becca has dual certifications as a Certified Autism Specialist and Cognitive Specialist, is on the Board of Directors of multiple Autism support organizations, is a contributing author of Spectrum Women: Walking to the Beat of Autism and serves as an Assistant Editor and Feature Writer at Spectrum Women Magazine.
Fees apply, registration required to www.eventbrite.com/e/becca-lory-hector-at-aanes-daniel-w-rosenn-connections-conference-tickets-66564023787 617 393-3824 or Events@aane.org
- Q & A with Neurodiverse Couples Specialist for Partners in a Neurodiverse Relationship and for Professionals, Grace Myhill, MSW
- Video Gaming – Addiction or Activity?, Dot Lucci, M.Ed, CAGS and Jeremy Cummings
- Evolution of the Autistic Character in Film and Television, Marguerite Elisofon, Samantha Elisofon and Talia Eapen
- Behavioral Medication Assessments in Autism Spectrum: Symptom Identification and Treatment, Todd Levine, MD
- Effective Communication and Collaboration with Special Education Teams, Elise Wulff, M.Ed
- Autism Spectrum and Criminal Law, Peter Hahn, Esq.
- Special Education Law: Rights and Responsibilities, Peter Hahn, Esq.
- Meaningful Employment: The Power of a Supportive Environment, Karen Lean
- Autism and Trauma, Nancy Roosa, Psy.D & Stephanie Monaghan-Blout, Psy.D
- How an Aspie Teenager Made it Through These Years, Sam Farmer
- Effective Advocacy and Disclosure: A Workshop for People on the Autism Spectrum, Stephen Shore, Ed.D (Part 1)
- Transition Planning for Life After School, Kelley Challen, Ed.M., CAS (Part 1)
- Autism Spectrum and the Criminal Justice System: An Inside Out Approach, Nick Dubin, Psy.D
- Executive Functioning, Brian Willoughby, Ph.D
- Practical Strategies for Parenting without Panic: for Parents of Children and Teens on the Autism Spectrum, Brenda Dater, MSW, MPH
- Looking at Trauma and Anxiety through the EMDR Framework, Tonya White, LMHC
- Effective Advocacy and Disclosure: A Workshop for People on the Autism Spectrum, Stephen Shore, Ed.D (Part 2)
- Transition Planning for Life After School, Kelley Challen, Ed.M., CAS (Part 2)