Online November 4th, 2021. Registration will open in May 2021. This annual Family Support Training Conference offers learn from top experts in the field, meet colleagues from all over New England, earn Social Work and Early Childhood CEUs, and participate in a Community Resource Fair.
* 2021 Conference Theme Building Systemic Change in Family Support: Advancing Racial Equity and Inclusion.
* Morning Keynote: Opening Address by Jessica A. Pryce, Ph.D., MSW, Executive Director of the Florida Institute for Child Welfare.
* Dr. Pryce will guide the audience to identify their own personal philosophies, mindsets, and values and how shifting those towards anti-racism will lead to true systemic change. Dr. Pryce has spent the past year interviewing courageous leaders who have been able to create positive and enduring change. She will present findings from key stakeholders on the most effective route to building anti-racist communities and family support systems.
* Afternoon Keynote: Interview with Dr. Ibram X. Kendi, Ph.D., MA. Award-winning author, historian, scholar, and Founding Director of the Boston University Center for Antiracist Research.
* Join a conversation with award-winning author, historian, scholar, and Founding Director of the Boston University Center for Antiracist Research, Ibram X. Kendi, Ph.D., MA. Explore racism, its poisonous consequences, and how we must continue to identify racism so that we can dismantle it. Dr. Kendi will discuss what an antiracist society might look like, how we can play an active role in building it, and what being an antiracist in your own context might mean.
For updates on the workshops list or ror more information about the 2021 conference visit https://childrenstrustma.cventevents.com/event/5be9d591-adec-42a9-a483-5321ac2dd696/summary or contact email@example.com or 617-502-8739
The 2020 View From All Sides Virtual Conference Featured:
* The Key Note speaker Robert Brooks, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist and Faculty Member of Harvard Medical School and former Director of the Department of Psychology at McLean Hospital.
Keynote Address: Overcoming Compassion Fatigue: Strategies to Lead a More Resilient, Meaningful Life.
2020 Workshop Descriptions:
A1 – RAISING RESILIENT CHILDREN AND TEENS IN A STRESS-FILLED WORLD. With Robert Brooks, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist And Faculty Member Of Harvard Medical School (Part-Time) And Former Director Of The Department Of Psychology At Mclean Hospital
A2 – RAISING CONFIDENT, COMPETENT AND RESILIENT CHILDREN IN THE DIGITAL AGE. With Jessica Fortunato, Psy.D., Fortunato Psychology Services, LLC, Providence, RI
A3 – “LIONS AND TIGERS AND TRAUMA! OH MY!” HELPING CAREGIVERS TO ADDRESS TRAUMA REACTIVE BEHAVIORS. With Sasha Svendsen, MD, Child Abuse Pediatrician, and Yosstina Saadallah, LCSW, Trauma Educator, UMass Memorial Children’s Medical Center, Worcester, MA
A4 – EMOTIONAL DETOX FOR EDUCATORS. With Sherianna Boyle, M.Ed., C.A.G.S, Author, Mindfulness Expert, Psychology, Sarah Nitsch, BA, Marketing and Events Coordinator for Cape Cod Children’s Place in Eastham, MA.
B1 – VIRTUAL FAMILY SUPPORT: RESPONDING AND ADAPTING PROGRAM SERVICES DURING COVID-19. With Cindy Horgan, M.Ed., Executive Director of Cape Cod Children’s Place, North Eastham, MA
M. Lori Reyes, Program Supervisor, People, Incorporated- Healthy Families, Fall River, MA
Zihui (Mandy) Situ, BA, Family Connector and Kin Ting (Kit) Yung, MA, Family Connector of Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center, Boston, MA
B2 – CONFRONTING RACISM AND UNCONSCIOUS BIAS IN YOUTH-SERVING-ORGANIZATIONS. With Kathy Lopes, LICSW, inKLusion Consulting.
B3 – LEARNING FROM NEW FATHERS: FATHERHOOD & FAMILY SUPPORT RESEARCH, PRACTICE AND POLICY. Milton Kotelchuck, PhD, MPH, Senior Scientist in Maternal and Child Health at the Center for Child & Adolescent Health Research and Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, and Professor of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School
B4 – MUSIC IS DEVELOPMENTAL! UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORTING EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT THROUGH MUSIC. EEC Core Competency Areas: 1 – Understanding the Growth and Development of Children and Youth, Laetitia Brundage, MT-BC, Clinical Director, Roman Music Therapy Services LLC, Wakefield, MA