Kennedy School Library in Somerville, April 24th, 2017. “What do you do when nothing seems to be going right for your child with Special Needs? Are they making progress academically? Are they happy at school?” Keep Moving Forward – 9 Habits of Effective Special Needs Parenting will be presented by SSEPAC Member Frank Kelly. This talk describes:
- habits that special needs parents can use every day to help ensure their child reaches an “appropriately ambitious” outcome regardless of the child’s diagnosis.
- the power of belief – good and bad, how ego and emotion can get in the way
- breaking down big problems
- coordinating with your team
- keeping focused on one problem at a time
- the need to influence your IEP team members and professionals.
- the importance of parents and family members finding supports and looking after themselves.
For more information or to RSVP contact Debby Higgins, PAC Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-625-6600 ext. 6829 or visit http://www.somerville.k12.ma.us/district-departments/special-education/ssepac-special-education-parent-advisory-council