Schrafft Center in Boston, March 11th, 2023, with the Federation for Children with Special Needs. The FCSN will host a youth event with fun and educational activities to get youth thinking about their options after high school.
There will be 2 tracks of youth presentations.
- Making the Most of Transition
* A presentation for students on Charting the LifeCourse and interactive activities on “What you want in your life vs. What you don’t” with MassFamilies and DDS
* An interactive panel presentation with young adults who have navigated postsecondary transition
- Thinking About College
* The BIG Difference Between High School and College -from Quinsigamond Community College
* An interactive panel presentation with young adults with disabilities who have graduated from college
* Theater games with Access to Theater (ATT) from Partners of Youth with Disabilities (PYD) (participation is not required)
* Teach Disability Inclusion with Easterseals
Parents will be able to check out resource tables and learn about tools to encourage conversations with your young person about planning a life after high school.
* There will be coffee, light snacks and pizza.
Fee for you and your youth = $15.00.
To register or for more information contact Rebecca Davis, Director of Transition Projects, Federation for Children with Special Needs, Rdavis@fcsn.org, 617-236-7210, 800-331-0688 (Language Line)