Webinars, April 14th & May 5th, 2021. Hosted by the Massachusetts’ Department of Developmental Disability Services, the Institute for Community Inclusion of Boston, and Work Without Limits at UMass.
* For Educators, family members, DDS staff and providers.
* The same content will be covered in each session.
* The sessions are open to anyone engaged with transition aged youth including school personnel, family members, state agency personnel and providers.
* This training provides information related to the significant benefit changes that young adults with disabilities need to understand as they approach adulthood including them, including::
- mandatory Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Age 18 redetermination process
- how adult benefits differ from childhood-related benefits under both Social Security programs
- SSI and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- how changes to public health insurance can occur
* There is a special emphasis on young adult-related programs and work incentives such as:
- Section 301 (Continued Payment under a Vocational Rehabilitation Program or Similar Program)
- the Student Earned Income Exclusion (SEIE) for individuals 21 and younger on SSI
- how a PASS Plan can help young adults leverage financial resources to fund education that may give them a head start on their career goals.
* To register or the April event, visit https://communityinclusion.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUvdO-srj4sGtNNoC7Owcr3KVKPsAaTY3Hr
To register for the May event, visit https://communityinclusion.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYqf–prToqE9LeBvowFqVPQhlLVr9Lhhln OR for more information contact 617-287-4293 email@example.com or Berenise.firstname.lastname@example.org.