Webinar, January 12th, 2021, with with Schools for Children in Massachusetts. Free. Creating a Successful Path Forward for Students with Learning and Other Challenges and Their Families.
* Learning & Doing: When College Isn’t Your First Next Step is the THIRD in a three-part series on transition for high school students with learning differences and other social-emotional challenges.
* For families looking for vetted transition resources, district professionals responsible for supporting students through transition, educators /counselors at non-SPED schools looking to better support students through transition, providers looking to expand their networks.
* Learning & Doing: When College Isn’t Your First Next Step. After graduating from high school, you may be looking forward to beginning a career. Many very successful people choose alternative paths and many find ways to continue learning and growing while also developing independence and marketable skills.
* Success and happiness take many forms, but stepping off the beaten path requires a plan and a network of support.
* Panelists will share their thoughts on options other than college for the recent graduate and how to know if that’s the right fit for you.
- Alex Tsonas, Director, Seaport Academy
- Eileen Brody Burke, Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
Registration is required to www.eventbrite.com/e/conversations-on-transition-take-the-next-step-to-your-career-tickets-124510007785 or contact Denise Moorehead at email@example.com.