Webinar, October 8th, 2020, 1 p.m., with the Arc of Greater Haverhill-Newburyport. This webinar is part of the Transition Boot Camp Fall / Winter 2020 Webinar Series to help guide and prepare individuals, caregivers and professionals by providing information and resources for the transition into adulthood years for ages 14 – 22 and beyond.
* This training will focus on:
- the transition special education services which prepare youth for employment
- independent living and further education
- mechanisms to plan for services students may require when they exit special education as well as transition to the adult human service system.
* Using case examples, parents and professionals will learn strategies that may help students receive important transition services mandated by special education laws.
* Parents and professionals will also gain an understanding on Chapter 688, the federal law that helps plan for youth with disabilities after they leave school.
Presenter: Johanne Pino, Projector Coordinator, Massachusetts Advocates for Children (MAC)
To register or for more information contact https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qcOCupjosGdEVpwZHt99fuefgHioWv_F- or contact Andrea Morris:Andrea.Morris@TheArcofGHN.org or (978) 373-0552 x211