Virtual Program for Spring 2021. UMass Lowell’s online Horizons online college preparation mentoring program is a mentoring program for high-school juniors or seniors on the autism spectrum who plan to go to college.
* Beginning week of March 1st 2021.
* High school students meet online once a week for an hour for 7-weeks one-on-one with a trained mentor – a trained UMass Lowell upperclassman –The Horizons curriculum covers topics such as:
- What will a typical day at college look like
- Navigating through your major
- Identifying and accessing supports on campus
- Choosing classes
- What to bring to college
- Social side of university;
- Time management and organization strategies
- Reducing stress and self-care, etc.
The program includes a virtual campus tour and watching an online lecture.
* Students do not need to be planning to attend UMass Lowell.
* There is a $75 fee for the Horizons program and scholarships are available for those who cannot afford the fee.
For more information visit www.uml.edu/Research/Autism/services/Horizons.aspx or contact Ashleigh_hillier@uml.edu