Online Class, with Perkins School for the Blind of Watertown, MA, September 30th – December 9th, 2020. For ages 14 – 22 .
* The art of cooking is increasingly being lost as young people find themselves with less time, and more options to “eat on the go”. However, there are several tricks that blind and visually impaired young adults can use in the kitchen.
* Join in on an opportunity to explore kitchen safety, equipment adaptations, grocery stores and recipes. Join us to learn how to move more confidently in your home kitchen.
This program targets several ECC skills with particular focus on the following:
- Independent Living Skills
- Career Education
- Use of Assistive Technology
- Recreation & Leisure Skills
- Social Interaction Skills
Fees apply, registration is required to www.perkins.org/get-involved/events/kitchen-ambition or contact Courtney.Wescott@Perkins.org or (617) 924-3434