Online Sessions August 11th – 19th, 2020 2:00 p.m., with The Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council. The Virtual Legislative Advocacy Training will consist of two separate 1-hour sessions.
* Session 1 will cover the legislative process, specifically: what is a law, who are the “players” in state and federal government, how a bill becomes a law, and how to find out who your legislators are.
* Session 2 will cover how to be involved in the legislative process. Specifically: what is legislative advocacy and why it is important, ways and tips on how to connect with your legislator during COVID19, and the importance of voting/how to vote, etc.
- Session 1: Tuesday Aug 11, 2020 11-12 and
- Session 2: Tuesday Aug 18, 2020 11-12
- Session 1: Wednesday August 12, 2020 2:00-3:00 and
- Session 2: Wednesday August 19, 2020 2:00-3:00
To register or for more information contact Kristopher Callahan at Kristopher.L.Callahan@mass.gov or 617-770-7676 ext. 107