Webinar, July 1st, 2020, with the Parent Professional Advocacy League of Massachusetts.
* All families welcome. Basic Rights: Transition Planning is a workshop for parents of youth in special education ages 14 – 22 on IEPs transitioning out of school. The presenter will be Attorney Nickie Cardamone, from Community Legal Aid, who will discuss Special Education Laws and answer your questions.
- What is Transition and Why is It Important
- Legal Basis for Transition Planning
- Student Vision
- Self Determination and Self-Advocacy
- Student and Parent’s Roles
- Transition Planning Form (TPF)
- Age of Majority
- Timelines, Resources and More
Registration and Zoom information: 6:00 p-8:00 p
Meeting ID: 999 7647 8858 (no password needed)
or for more information Email Kathy and Ann at Parentsupportgroup@ppal.net