Webinar November 17th, 2020, 7 p.m. with Schools for Children in Massachusetts. Free. Creating a Successful Path Forward for Students with Learning and Other Challenges and Their Families.
* First of a three-part series on transition for high school students with learning differences and other social-emotional challenges.
* For families looking for vetted transition resources, district professionals responsible for supporting students through transition, educators /counselors at non-SPED schools looking to better support students through transition, providers looking to expand their networks.
Session 1: Who Will I Become? Students graduating from high school face major life transitions and have many opportunities to choose from. For students with learning challenges and their families, these decisions can be complex and anxiety-producing — especially during a pandemic.
* Figuring out what’s most important to you, what you truly need, and who it is you want to become aren’t questions most of us are able to answer easily.
- What interests do you have?
- What impact can you have on the world?
- What kinds of supports will help you succeed? And what else do you need to learn?
- Listen in and bring your questions.
- Leslie Thatcher Wales, Thatcher Education
- Eileen Brody-Burke, Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
- Angelique McGrue, Special Education Coordinator at YouthBuild Charter School of California
Registration is required to www.eventbrite.com/e/conversations-on-transition-take-the-next-step-tickets-124496808305 or contact Denise Moorehead at email@example.com.