Online – through June 24th, 2020, for Young Adults in the Bridgewater / Swansea service area for Community Autism Resources.
* During the stay at home advisory, this course will be offered online over a zoom meeting.
* Free of charge to adults (18+) living within the Community Autism Resources service region.
* All participants will need a social coach to take this course with them. A social coach can be a parent/guardian, adult sibling, staff, etc.
* PEERS® for Young Adults is an evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated young adults between 18-38 years of age who are interested in learning skills to make and keep friends and develop romantic relationships.
* During each group session, young adults are taught important social skills and are given the opportunity to practice these skills.
* Participants must be socially motivated and attend each session with a social coach.
* In order to participate, both the young adult and social coach will need a separate computer, tablet, or smartphone with internet access for our zoom meetings.
Young Adults will learn about:
• Conversational skills
• Appropriate use of humor
• Electronic Communication
• Handling Direct and Indirect Bullying
• Handling Arguments and Disagreements
• Organizing Get-Togethers with Friends
• Dating Skills
• Strategies for Handling Dating Pressure
To get more information or to register visit http://community-autism-resources.com/event/peers-for-young-adults-online-social-skills-group/all/ contact Mary Fox, Certified PEERS® Provider Mfox@community-autism-resources.com