Webinar available through April 30th with Employment First of Massachusetts. Employment First MA is hosted by the Institute for Community Inclusion at the University of Massachusetts Boston and is funded by the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services.
* About the webinar: Many job seekers worry about losing their benefits when going to work. This training will provide an overview of the impact of earnings on Social Security benefits. Topics include:
- The differences between SSI and SSDI
- SSA Work Incentives
- How to keep medical benefits while working
- How to explain benefits to job seekers
- Families and other stakeholders
- Resources available to assist job seekers with benefit planning issues.
Upon completing this training, students will be able to:
- Counsel job seekers and family members on the financial incentives for returning to work
- Formulate simple calculations comparing benefit to salary income ratio
- Assist individuals with keeping records and reporting necessary information to Social Security
This workshop will be available around the clock (24/7) from April 1 through April 30, 2020. It should take about six hours to complete. Participation is self-paced and flexible. Included are a variety of formats: readings, presentations, discussion forums, videos, professional development activities, and assignments. An instructor will be available on a regular basis throughout the month to answer questions and give feedback.
To register or for more information visit //www.eventbrite.com/e/earnings-and-benefits-using-social-security-work-incentives-april-2020-registration-100411984950 or contact for questions Berenise Reyes-Albino,email@example.com, 617-287-4314