May 3, 2020, 2 PM – 3:30 PM EDT, with the Asperger / Autism Network in Watertown, MA. Panel discussion featuring current and recent college graduates who are on the autism spectrum. Are you the parent of a teen* who is considering college? Are you or your teen* wondering…
- What are the best and most challenging parts of college for someone on the autism spectrum?
- Should I write about my diagnosis in my college essay?
- What type of college environment will work for me?
- Should I live at home or away?
- Should I ask for a single room if I live away?
- How can I make friends at college?
- How will I have time for everything I like to do AND do everything I have to do?
- There will be a link to a packet of college information sent after the seminar and plenty of time to ask questions.
- *Teens must be accompanied by an adult
Fees apply, registration is required by May 1, 2020 to www.aane.org/event/perspectives-on-college-life/ or 617-393-3824 x32