With the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services Northeast Region, through May 13th, 2020.
This group is aimed to support families transitioning in the Merrimack
Valley within the next two years.
* The group will hold zoom meetings Thursdays 3:30-4:45 and Fridays 9:15-10:30 while everyone is out of school.
* Both sessions each week will cover the same topic so feel free
to join one session or both.
* Host will offer a basic topic each week which will be covered briefly, however the real purpose of this is to build community and have peer support for families and individuals.
Dates and Topics:
- 4/23 & 4/24 – IEP vs. ISP
- 4/30 & 5/1 -Recently Transitioned alumni interview and Q&A
- 5/7 & 5/8 – Strategies for Communicating with providers
- 5/13 – Community Talent Show
If you live in the Merrimack Valley are interested in participating please email John.r.Cruz@mass.gov for the zoom meeting ID.
* Collateral professionals that support individuals living in the Merrimack valley who are transitioning are also invited to join these sessions.