Acton, MA, The Gallery at Villageworks, March 16th, 2020. UPDATE: Due to concerns from the Coronavirus, this event is postponed an will be rescheduled at a later date. Please visit the event link below for more information from the host.
* Free and open to high school and college-age families in Middlesex County and surrounding areas.
* The panel of college administrators and a former student who experienced mental health challenges in college will encourage transition age families to start
conversations about mental health before students leave home. It is prudent to understand privacy laws, what can be communicated by college administrations, and that colleges differ in supports. Students, parents, and guardians welcome.
* Presented by NAMI Central Middlesex. Sponsored by Acton-Boxborough United Way.
* A question and answer session will follow the panel presentations.
- Rebecca Luberoff – BLA Peer presenter
- Melissa Wall – M.A., Director of Student Mental Health & Wellness, UMass Lowell
- Patricia Bruno – MSW Associate Dean of Student Support Services, MiddlesexCommunity College
- Stacey G. Harris – J.D., Associate Director of Disability and Access
Services, Boston University
- Jennifer Morazes – LCSW, PhD., Director, Disability Policy Consortium.
For more information visit http://namicentralmiddlesex.org/education-support/ or contact Jennie Payne, email@example.com, 978-692-2908.