Bridgewater, MA, February 3rd, 2020. Transition Opportunities is a follow up to the January 13th Basic Rights: Special Needs Transition Planning workshop. It is for parents of youth in special education ages 14 – 22 transitioning out of school.
* Join Inclusion Matters, the Bridgewater-Raynham SEPAC, and the Easton SEPAC for this follow-up presentation to their January Transition Planning workshop.
* Providers of programs for our post-secondary students with disabilities–including Bridgewater State University’s Excel Program (ICEI) and the Gottschall Program–will present about their programs and the opportunities they provide your child.
* Childcare will be provided by the Bridge Center to those who RSVP at the Bridge Center’s website ahead of the workshop.
The information will provide:
- why transition planning is important,
- services that could be included,
- who is eligible
- student and parent roles in transition planning
- role of student’s vision
- how to prepare for a transition planning meeting
- age of majority
- anticipated graduation date
- procedural due process rights for resolving disputes
For more information visit www.facebook.com/events/2804156889641869/ or contact (508) 697-7557